Tempted by Canarian cuisine? These resorts in Tenerife, Lanzarote and Gran Canaria feature some of our favourite fine dining establishments.
No longer are the Canary Islands simply a place for sunbathing – over the past few years a thriving culinary scene has emerged that has turned this part of the world into an incredible gastronomic experience. We’ve picked out what we consider to be the most impressive restaurants you can find in resorts in Tenerife, Lanzarote and Gran Canaria.
Be Greedy in Gran Canaria
- In El Mondalón, you’ll find delicious twists on traditional Spanish food served up by the fantastic chef Pepe Gonzalez. Try papas arrugadas with almogrote – potatoes with a hot cheese paté. This delightful restaurant is located right next to the Bandama Crater for a truly explosive food experience.
- La Taberna del Puerto, Allende Muelle and Allende Triana are three restaurants in Las Palmas that are all part of the same family and linked by their gastronomic delights. The unusual food combinations include octopus with sweet potato and coriander with passion fruit, and are really sensational.
To stick close to the food, stay in the Seaside Grand Hotel Residencia with its Michelin-starred head chef and five-course lobster menu. Couples will love the hotel’s elegant style and Turkish baths.
Grab Lunch in Lanzarote
- You’ll be hard pressed to find a more traditionally beautiful location for a restaurant than Verde Mar, just beside La Santa harbour at the heart of an old fishing village. The dishes incorporate freshly caught seafood and are updated versions of Spanish classics, such as sardines with mojo verde and lime glazed sea bass.
- La Tegla is a more modern offering, but still uses traditional ingredients of the Canaries. The seasonal menu includes rice with sirloin steak and Iberian pork belly, and octopus with ratatouille and stingray.
The Princesa Yaiza hotel is set right on the seafront and offers an amazing four restaurants to choose from, with everything from traditional tapas to Japanese cuisine. You can let your food go down whilst enjoying spectacular views of the sunset over the ocean.
Find What’s Tasty in Tenerife
- The Lucas Maes restaurant is located near one of the main resorts in Tenerife, Puerto de la Cruz, and offers a strong menu of local favourites combined with contemporary style. The champagne-cooked scallops and smoked salmon in a saffron, honey and caper dressing are real highlights.
- Les Roques is a gorgeous restaurant in a really romantic setting next to the Los Abrigos harbour. The atmosphere is relaxed but the dishes served up are perfect and range from South East Asian to Mediterranean, with courses such as Thai fish cakes and Italian bean stew.
There is nowhere better to stay in Tenerife than the Ritz-Carlton Abama, which has not one but two Michelin-starred restaurants offering up innovative and exciting dishes such as monkfish with cheesy marshmallows. The private villas offer a cosy space to relax after dinner.
Book Your Canarian Culinary Adventure
Has all this talk of food got you hungry? Get in touch with our team today and they’ll craft you your very own gastronomic experience in one of the resorts in Tenerife, Lanzarote or Gran Canaria. That’ll stop your stomach rumbling!